Fluval 13.5g Evo Natures Ocean water question

cgIIIII

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello. So I haven’t setup anything yet i’m still trying to find out information but I have a fluval evo 13.5 gallon tank. I already got Natures ocean nutri water and I plan to use that along with a sand bottom(unless something else is recommended) and some live rock. What I am not sure yet is do I add coral or fish first? Because The Nutri water claims that it is ready to add fish in the same day it goes in but does that also apply for coral or would I still need to wait. Also what fish do you recommend because I don’t really want any clownfish or goby’s I would prefer other fish such as the Royal Gramma I just don’t know what or if anything else can go with that fish.

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The first and most important thing to do is cycle the tank, once the tank is cycled, you can add either a fish or coral. However, coral are complex animals and usually recomemended to wait until the tank matures and the hobbyist gains more experience,

A royal gramma would be nice in that tank, can maybe fit one or two more small fishes in there. Lots of choices to look at, gobies, blennies, damsels. Just always check out the recommended tank size for a fish before you buy it

thedon986

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I would not add fish until you know that parameters are stable. Get a small test kit with ammonia, nitrite and nitrate, set everything up, add water, rocks, and sand then some fish food or a raw shrimp and see what test results you see after 3-5 days.

OP
OP
C

cgIIIII

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The first and most important thing to do is cycle the tank, once the tank is cycled, you can add either a fish or coral. However, coral are complex animals and usually recomemended to wait until the tank matures and the hobbyist gains more experience,

A royal gramma would be nice in that tank, can maybe fit one or two more small fishes in there. Lots of choices to look at, gobies, blennies, damsels. Just always check out the recommended tank size for a fish before you buy it
Okay I will do that thanks you!

OP
OP
C

cgIIIII

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would not add fish until you know that parameters are stable. Get a small test kit with ammonia, nitrite and nitrate, set everything up, add water, rocks, and sand then some fish food or a raw shrimp and see what test results you see after 3-5
I will do that, thanks for the reply!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 26.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 33.1%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 41 30.8%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 6.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back