Fluval 407 keeps shooting micro bubbles out into tank. I don't know whats wrong with it

Chrisnugent942

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My fluval 407 shoots a burst of microbubbles about every 5 minutes and i have absolutely no remedy for it. I don't fully understand why its doing it. I made sure the top had a good seal and that it was fully filled before turning on and the issues was still there. I would appreciate any way of fixing this

legrunt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Microbubbles means air is hitting the impellers somehow.
There are a few means this could be happening. Off the top of my head, these are what I can think of.

1) If you are using a fluval surface skimmer, the bottom intake may be tuned too tightly and thus it is ingesting air through the top. Tune the intakes so that the level inside the top transparent tube is about an inch below the water surface.

2) There is a leak in the intake tubing somwhere. Check the joints. Check the hoses. If need be, use standard hosing instead of the black ribbed ones. Just to troubleshoot. If with standard tubing, there are no bubbles, then the ribbed hose is cracked somewhere.

3) There might be air still trapped within the priming chamber. Pump that priming handle a few times to ensure no more air in there.

legrunt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
4) Check the o-rings, not only the large o ring around the impeller head, but also the small ones around the intake block.

Phecht

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My fluval 407 shoots a burst of microbubbles about every 5 minutes and i have absolutely no remedy for it. I don't fully understand why its doing it. I made sure the top had a good seal and that it was fully filled before turning on and the issues was still there. I would appreciate any way of fixing this
I had same problem but as soon as I shut my bubbler off it stopped making swooshing noise and no micro bubbles I think my bubbler was to close to my fluval 307s intake

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 7 6.7%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.8%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 84 80.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.8%
Back