Fluval Eva 13.5 black plastic floating feet

wezbow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Reefers

Hoping someone can shed some light here

The Fluval Evo 13.5 has black plastic 'feet / floating stand' under the base glass.

Has anyone removed it?

Reason I am asking - all the weight is on the 'feet / floating stand' and while I am sure fluval took this into consideration I am not sure if it's a good idea...

Would anyone recommend removing this?

Thanks

Wez

IMG_20211122_211713__01.jpg

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mines been up with that base for over a year…now you’re gonna get me worried lol
It’s (knock on wood) structurally sound, unless you have a poorly made tank it won’t be a problem.

OP
OP
W

wezbow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I suspect it's sound etc so nothing to worry about.

Just paranoid as it's rimless and I've added extra weight to the glass with the new lid haha

OP
OP
W

wezbow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been in contact with fluval most of the day.

So yes the tank is meant to be floating and yes the black base thing is designed to take the weight etc

I did ask whether I should add supports under the floating parts but got told it's not needed.

They also advised the tank can take the slight extra weight of my new lid as the weight it evenly distributed over the whole tank (best I remove my spacers lol)

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

So yes the tank is meant to be floating and yes the black base thing is designed to take the weight etc

I did ask whether I should add supports under the floating parts but got told it's not needed.

They also advised the tank can take the slight extra weight of my new lid as the weight it evenly distributed over the whole tank (best I remove my spacers lol)
Good to hear.
I’d expect the foot to be able to support a lot more weight than a full tank + rocks. It would be a pretty crappy design to only hold the weight of roughly 13.5 gallons + rock.

iamahab

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I've been running a 1 gallon hob refugium ( if you can call it a fuge) on the side of mine, let the paranoia begin

OP
OP
W

wezbow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been running a 1 gallon hob refugium ( if you can call it a fuge) on the side of mine, let the paranoia begin
I'm thinking of doing the same with the finnex breeder box / refugium.

More weight adding to the side haha

AquaForge

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Curious, can you remove it or is it built in? I am building a stand for this today and I dont have it yet *(it arrives on next week). The tank is going into a window built in my office wall. The window is almost the same size as the tank. Would one of you that owns this be able to tell me the height with and without the stand? It would help a bunch! Thanks

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 73 51.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 72 51.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • None.

Votes: 31 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.4%
Back