• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Fluval Evo 13.5 - full setup including livestock

beesnreefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a three year old nano reef in a Fluval Evo 13.5. Bought it from Biota in their Kickstarter a while back (photos below)

Includes tank with stock lighting and filtration. Jebao OW-10 wavemaker. Two pieces of live rock - small one is a zoa rock with two colonies and a small colony of pipe organ, larger rock has a zoa colony, around 8 rock nems, and two different leathers. Back wall has a gsp colony on it.

Want to sell the whole thing at once. Looking for $250 but will take offers. You pick up at my home in Firestone, CO

05557C6A-8CD1-45B8-9851-008160ED4676.jpeg

E0477EB6-AF55-46BA-AC3F-AB9AA5319FDC.jpeg

2930626D-7E47-4940-93AB-2824652305AB.jpeg

5925427D-8C30-45D9-AEFF-C1DF00CAFBA1.jpeg

itsken37

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice tank! Mine did not turn out nearly as good as that cuz of algae. a big problem for lots of people... Got rid of mine a few months ago in exchange for a 55 gallon that's having the same problem.

OP
OP
beesnreefs

beesnreefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice tank! Mine did not turn out nearly as good as that cuz of algae. a big problem for lots of people... Got rid of mine a few months ago in exchange for a 55 gallon that's having the same problem.
I'm sorry to hear yours didn't do so well. To be honest, mine went through a pretty rough algae patch early on as well and I wasn't sure it was going to work out. Stuck with it, though, and after a year or so it settled in and has been a breeze to care for ever since.

Once a week I clean the glass and do a 10% water change. That's it!

itsken37

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would have kept it, but a friend moved and he sold his AIO 55 gallon to me for $450! So i sold my fluval to another reefer who was just getting into the hobby. Do you dose anything? and what salt do you use?

OP
OP
beesnreefs

beesnreefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would have kept it, but a friend moved and he sold his AIO 55 gallon to me for $450! So i sold my fluval to another reefer who was just getting into the hobby. Do you dose anything? and what salt do you use?

I don't dose this tank. Probably should but it has seemed to do so well without it (I only learned about dosing in the past year).

For a long time I did weekly water changes with the Imagitarium saltwater from Petco (ha!). We had an LFS open up this summer less than a mile from home so I've been using their water ever since (not sure what salt they use but I could find out)

itsken37

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My LFS is 40 mile away and is now shutting down the saltwater selection which sucks and nowhere near a petco. whenever i need fish or coral i either have to go to Aquatic Art in denver(great store btw 10/10) or order online which as a young reefer is hard to do.

OP
OP
beesnreefs

beesnreefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My LFS is 40 mile away and is now shutting down the saltwater selection which sucks and nowhere near a petco. whenever i need fish or coral i either have to go to Aquatic Art in denver(great store btw 10/10) or order online which as a young reefer is hard to do.
Yeah man, that is tough. I'm sorry to hear that.

Have you tried mixing water in small amounts yourself at home? I feel like I've seen folks use small Rubbermade containers with a small heater and air pump.

itsken37

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use instant ocean and mix it with some tap water from my bathtub with some dechorinator in a 5 gallon. I would never use this in a city, but on the head of the yampa river, i think my local water is clean enough compared to denver.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back