Fluval Evo 13.5 Ideas

brandnewreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone! I purchased my fluval evo 13.5 last year and much like many other people I rushed into it I wanted everything in the tank right away.. but I wasn’t happy with how it wound up, even though it was successful for my first tank. So I chose to revamp it a few days ago. I cleaned the whole filtration system and put new substrate and rock into it. Here’s how it came out.. does anyone have ANY ideas for me? It could be anything, coral placement, change in aquascape. I’ll take any advise. The first picture is my tank now the second picture is what it used to be
C38DB183-C4CC-4833-8367-996E521CB835.jpeg

9716AFF9-9437-4162-BAC7-6156D08F8B85.jpeg

cmoore806

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Fluval 13.5. Get a mini ATO for sure, replace the return pump I think I used a sicce 0.5. I have a clear lid with netting made for it because I didn't want to lose fish. I put an ecotech MP10 on the end opposite the return. I started running an air stone in the second sump chamber to see if it helped with pH.

I use the inTank media baskets. with filter floss in the first spot and a bag of carbon below that. A refugium would be neat as would a nano skimmer but I decided I will upgrade to a big tank with a sump before going to those things since cost wise it would be a lot of trouble to go through for a little tank.

ScubaFish802

Just keep swimming
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Fluval 13.5. Get a mini ATO for sure, replace the return pump I think I used a sicce 0.5. I have a clear lid with netting made for it because I didn't want to lose fish. I put an ecotech MP10 on the end opposite the return. I started running an air stone in the second sump chamber to see if it helped with pH.

I use the inTank media baskets. with filter floss in the first spot and a bag of carbon below that. A refugium would be neat as would a nano skimmer but I decided I will upgrade to a big tank with a sump before going to those things since cost wise it would be a lot of trouble to go through for a little tank.
Did the air stone help at all?

OP
OP
brandnewreefer

brandnewreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Thanks so much! I have the intank baskets with GFO, bio, chemipure elite and filter floss and foam as of right now. I’m going to get the MP10 for some flow and definitely an upgraded pump.

Larry101

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks so much! I have the intank baskets with GFO, bio, chemipure elite and filter floss and foam as of right now. I’m going to get the MP10 for some flow and definitely an upgraded pump.
I would also suggest to get some sort of top to stop fish from jumping overboard. I have the same exact tank so I’ll include a pic of the diy screen top I used.

7FF94681-659B-474A-827D-64B7EDE7D492.jpeg

OP
OP
brandnewreefer

brandnewreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would also suggest to get some sort of top to stop fish from jumping overboard. I have the same exact tank so I’ll include a pic of the diy screen top I used.

7FF94681-659B-474A-827D-64B7EDE7D492.jpeg
Oh wow that’s a beautiful setup. Thanks! I have the Red Sea reefer screen lid kit I have to set up

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 66 51.6%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 52.3%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 32 25.0%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.0%
Back