divingreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
3E02AE1A-CF44-4925-A9DC-74D437F4A048.jpeg
8F2EC3FA-1568-4231-9F1C-E3ABC2CE1F0F.jpeg
Hey guys,

I was just servicing my nano tank today and I noticed that the two plates of glass were not flush with eachother compared to the other side of the tank. I am not sure if this is recent or if it was there when I bought it. Is this a cause for concern or am I over thinking?

I included a comparison image.

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently removed one from service that I was using as a quarantine tank. Slow seeping leak on the back right corner.

I am contemplating whether to repair it or replacing it. It's four years old by now.

OP
OP
D

divingreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently removed one from service that I was using as a quarantine tank. Slow seeping leak on the back right corner.

I am contemplating whether to repair it or replacing it. It's four years old by now.
Does my picture seem the same as yours? I’m not seeing any salt creep in the area that would indicate a leak, but the non-flushness was alarming. I’m fairly new to the hobby.

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does my picture seem the same as yours? I’m not seeing any salt creep in the area that would indicate a leak, but the non-flushness was alarming. I’m fairly new to the hobby.
Yours look like back left, looks similar though! Only noticed from the shelf getting slightly wet. I have moved my two evos around a lot, also with water in then so they've had a hard life. Now both are in the garden awaiting final judgement.

OP
OP
D

divingreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yours look like back left, looks similar though! Only noticed from the shelf getting slightly wet. I have moved my two evos around a lot, also with water in then so they've had a hard life. Now both are in the garden awaiting final judgement.
Okay. This is my primary tank. Would you say it’s something I should be super concerned about and replace the tank?

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay. This is my primary tank. Would you say it’s something I should be super concerned about and replace the tank?
Well as a rule of thumb, if theres a small leak it's just a matter of time until it develops into something bigger damaging not only the tank, the livestock that you have and the stand- but also your house.

Chances are it's not gonna suffer catastrophically, it it's all about piece of mind though isn't it?

Be on the looking for a good deal, these Fluval tanks are often advertised with a discount :)

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 32 20.5%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 116 74.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.8%
Back