Fluval flex 32.5 stocking ideas ?

Justinv201

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all. I finally got my fluval flex cycled and added new fish to it today. Currently i have 2 regular clownfish in it. I also have a fluval evo 13.5 and that has 2 other clownfish, 1 springer damsel, 1 tailspot blenny, and 1 orchid dottyback. I plan on moving everything from the 13.5 to the 32.5. So it would be Currently

4 clownfish
1 springer damsel
1 orchid dottyback
1 tailspot blenny

I gues the question is can i add anymore to it ? I really want a purple firefish and a cleaner shrimp with a yellow watchman goby. Any info on this would be awesome.

SaltwaterandLime

Reefing with ADHD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all. I finally got my fluval flex cycled and added new fish to it today. Currently i have 2 regular clownfish in it. I also have a fluval evo 13.5 and that has 2 other clownfish, 1 springer damsel, 1 tailspot blenny, and 1 orchid dottyback. I plan on moving everything from the 13.5 to the 32.5. So it would be Currently

4 clownfish
1 springer damsel
1 orchid dottyback
1 tailspot blenny

I gues the question is can i add anymore to it ? I really want a purple firefish and a cleaner shrimp with a yellow watchman goby. Any info on this would be awesome.

It's definitely too small of a tank for 4 clownfish. You can sometimes get away with two pairs in a large enough tank that they can have their own territory, but in this one they will eventually kill each other and possibly the other inhabitants as well.

Also, yellow watchman will pair with a pistol shrimp but not a cleaner shrimp.

In my fluval 32 I have two clownfish, a royal gramma, and a diamond goby.

It really depends on the temperament of your current fish. Your Orchid dottyback has the potential to be a bully also, and will definitely not like other purple fish. The yellow watchman and pistol shrimp would be a good option for your tank, but I would be careful with the firefish and watch them closely. The firefish is very peaceful and won't be able to stand up for much bullying

Lsuhunter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 clowns, leopard wrasse, redline wrasse, midas blenny, pearly jawfish, and a red scooter blenny all living happily in mine. They have all been in there 1-2 years and pretty much full grown.

Last edited:

Kapachuka3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve got the Same tank, I have 2 urchins, 3 conchs, snails, 1 clown and a ywg, 3 pj cardinals and all of them do great.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 57 40.1%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 31 21.8%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 34.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.5%
Back