OP
OP
K

K_Ruckle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you can buy a 2nd one from Fluval directly, they do not sell them off the shelf, the ones off the shelf are either too big or too small to fit in the stock secondary location. They are also more expensive by a fair factor, 220-ish USD because you have to buy the light and the transformer separately from them.
Are you running two? Any problems with temp? Worth it from your experience?

JNalley

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you running two? Any problems with temp? Worth it from your experience?
I am not, I decided to sell mine and go with 2 AI Prime HD's, with the single Light, and the stock lid, my tank stayed 8 degrees F above ambient, most of which I think was the light itself, so cutting 2 squares out and putting computer fans on a temp controller may be necessary. However, I can try and see if the guy who bought them will hop on here and tell you his experience with both. I think since he's doing mainly softies and LPS that he's running both at reduced brightness though.

Lsuhunter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 lights and heat becomes an issue without the computer fan mod. I did a write up on here somewhere awhile back on it you could look up. With the fans hooked up to an inkbird controller, I keep my temp at 78.

Cornbread

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I'm using just the one stock light (fluval marine 3.0). It's working okay for me, although I'm sure a better light would have better results. One of my blastos has gone from one head to six heads in 5 months, and zoas are growing. No growth on some of my other stuff yet (i.e., duncan). Thought about getting a second marine 3.0, but worried about temp with the hood, and I like having the hood.
Have you thought about adding a second Fluval 3.0 light?

OP
OP
K

K_Ruckle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s been a while since I posted an update on this thread. We took advantage of the Waterbox sale and upgraded to the AIO 65 gallon that should be arriving next week. Wanted to go ahead and post final video/pics of what this tank looked like 1 year and 4 months in during my last water change yesterday. I did add two AI 16’s and an ATO since my last post. All in all, this was a great tank. Yes it required a lot of upgrades, but I was happy with the tank. Only upgrading to get some more room for more livestock.

wcharamut

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good evening! Decided I'd go ahead and start a build thread for the tank my wife and I recently setup. It's a Fluval Flex 32.5G Saltwater Mixed Reef tank. Had a 55G saltwater tank back in high school (almost 15 years ago) and MAN has a lot changed! Below is some information on my tank:

Modifications to AIO stock items:

-Added Fluval PS1 Protein Skimmer
-Added Hygger Mini Wavemaker
-Added 2 In-tank-media baskets (1 chamber w/ chemi pure elite / bio media / and filter floss and 2 chamber w/ chemi pure blue / bio media / filter floss)
-Added Sicce 1.5 Return Pump
-Added 2 RFG Nozzles

Livestock currently:

Yellow Watchman Goby
Diamond Goby
2 Clowns
Neon Dottyback
CUC (4 turbo snails, 4 nassarius snails, 4 astrea snails, 8 hermit crabs, 1 emerald crab)

*Just added the emerald crab 2 days ago as I had a few bubble algae spots popping up on frags (yes they were dipped). I was skeptical after reading mixed reviews on whether or not the emerald crab would eat the bubble algae and WOW! He ate 5/5 in less than 48 hrs!

Corals currently:

1 Duncan
2 Blastos
3 Acans
1 GSP wall on back of tank
2 Ricordea mushrooms
1 Superman Rhodactis mushroom
Zoa Garden with 11 different varieties so far (i.e., Rasta, Pandora, Blue Hornet, Fruit Loop, Ultra Eagle Eye, King Midas, etc.)
1 Torch (purple w/ green tip)
1 Fruit Loops Micro Goniapora
2 Small colonies of clove polyps
1 Jack-o-lantern lepto

So far Zoa's are growing at a pretty quick rate / 1 Blasto has grown 3 new heads / & GSP has grown a bit

Tank's date of birth is 07/17/21 so coming up on 3 months. Cycled with Fritz. Was using API test kits early on but just ordered all Hannah Checkers.

Haven't had issues so far, however I've noticed that over the last week or so that my corals are open 2/3 of the day and the last few hours before lights out they seem unhappy. Some will be fully closed, some half closed, some fully open. Not sure what's up but hopefully the Hannah Checkers will shed some light , just don't trust API anymore as they have been very off from LFS Aquaspin testing. I'll attach a picture of what it looks like as of tonight (sorry, don't have lens to take better pictures yet) & some pictures we took early on.

Look forward to documenting this tank's journey & chatting with ya'll!

Kevin

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg
what rch nozzles did you get

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 35.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 16.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 24.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%

Back