Fluval Sea Evo 13.5 Gallon

  • Thread starter Thread starter KendraRae
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

KendraRae

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 30, 2026
Messages
54
Reaction score
53
Location
USA
What state or country do you live in
West Virginia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now that my 75 gallon is stable and all looks well, I decided to cycle my 13.5 gallon. I used live rock from the pet store, one rock from my 75 gallon, Dr. Tim's One and Only and the Ammonia. I have an inTank Media Basket in Chamber 2, no skimmer. I have a PopBloom RL60 Light. The only thing in the tank are some snails. My 75 gallon is 5 months old and I never went through an ugly stage (yet 🤞) so I'm not sure what I'm looking at here. Nor how to deal with it.. maybe more snails? Or, just let it play out if it's the ugly phase.

Here are the parameters from earlier today before I did ~5 gallon water change.

(Salifert and Hanna)

Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate (Hanna) 6.4
Phosphate (Hanna) 0.05
Alkalinity 9
Salinity 1.026
Temperature 78
Ph 8.3
Magnesium 1395
Calcium 480

I've also attached my light schedule

Thanks in advance!
33cf366d-65ad-4d49-aaea-3243bd1482ec.jpg


8374112f-633e-4215-ab8a-13ba83d3eee2.jpg


7a6cf818-03a9-4461-a2ee-7d52bea28a29.jpg


04f55a7a-5707-41e9-a338-f9d40df355cc.jpg


ff92d9c7-55e5-415a-a84f-b5c21e1600d9.jpg


e16aa416-aa9c-444e-b969-f6e996533a88.jpg


ed5af63f-ea01-4125-a3df-29f51f45d165.jpg


a1506bfb-d092-4c27-a449-7b0bf65d9eb1.jpg


2eb88135-487f-4220-96cc-5ea362da7ad6.jpg
 
Diatoms would be my guess!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 22 19.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 32.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new