Foam mat under tank. What should I use?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Hi all,

Quick question, I’m about to fill my tank and need a foam mat under the tank. What is everyone using?

Thank You!
Ive used and popular is foam insulation

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes no trim
If it is custom built by a company I would suggest contacting them directly and see what they recommend or insist you use. If it isn't then any of the suggestions above (Neoprene, styrofoam or extruded foam) will all work just fine. At that point it comes down to how even and level you feel the surface of your stand is.

I never finish anythi

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it is custom built by a company I would suggest contacting them directly and see what they recommend or insist you use. If it isn't then any of the suggestions above (Neoprene, styrofoam or extruded foam) will all work just fine. At that point it comes down to how even and level you feel the surface of your stand is.
I would do this to . If anything goes wrong then adleast you have filled the manufacturer advice

OP
OP
HandsyLobster

HandsyLobster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gotcha,

When I mean custom I physically glued the panes of glass together. I think I'm going to go with the foam board. It seems the easiest. If y'all disagree and thinking another option is better please let me know im fairly new at this.

Thanks,

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gotcha,

When I mean custom I physically glued the panes of glass together. I think I'm going to go with the foam board. It seems the easiest. If y'all disagree and thinking another option is better please let me know im fairly new at this.

Thanks,

Always good to double check. I have styrofoam under mine (As directed by my tank builder) and really like it. But it can be a bit of a pain to work with. Go for the Extruded foam, it should work out great :)

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 159 57.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back