For people wondering how fish disappear

TriggerFinger

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I received a shipped order that included a conch. The bag water was clear but had a slight stench; I wasn’t sure if it was alive but I put it in the tank anyways. My nassarius and marginella snails had this conch flipped over in literal seconds of hitting the sand. It took them all of 4 minutes to clean out this shell and go back under the sand.
When your fish disappear and you see no body....that is why. They can be cleaned up in minutes. Sorry for the dirty glass...hence the clean up crew order.
00B49A08-5AEA-4D5C-8A5B-6608F13B4E8F.jpeg

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I received a shipped order that included a conch. The bag water was clear but had a slight stench; I wasn’t sure if it was alive but I put it in the tank anyways. My nassarius and marginella snails had this conch flipped over in literal seconds of hitting the sand. It took them all of 4 minutes to clean out this shell and go back under the sand.
When your fish disappear and you see no body....that is why. They can be cleaned up in minutes. Sorry for the dirty glass...hence the clean up crew order.
00B49A08-5AEA-4D5C-8A5B-6608F13B4E8F.jpeg

Snails, bristle worms, amphipods......etc. Soft tissues degrade quickly in a marine environment with bacteria and clean up crews.

Back