• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

For Sale: Zoanthids and whatnot.....#1

lazyreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got some corals I'm needing to move as my tank is getting overgrown, and I'm getting into SPS more and more as my 40B zoanthid "garden" is quickly filling up. "Pirates Cove" is a thrift shop that through donations supports a non-profit animal rescue in Conway, Missouri that takes care of over 100 dogs and 80 cats. Two hundred dollars of the money received from the sale of these frags will go towards the purchase of a used riding lawnmower they are in need of to cut ALOT of grass on the property.

This is the first of two threads as I didn't want to overload anyone. I'll split shipping overnite costs with anyone who spends 200 bucks, I'll pay for shipping for anyone spending 300.00 dollars. Paypal accepted but so is Postal Money Orders which I prefer seeing as Paypal takes 3% or so of the funds sent. Anything from either thread can be combined to save on shipping costs.

All corals will be shipped in a styrofoam box, double bagged, along with an ice/heat pak if necessary. (you make the call) All photos were taken under 175w Hamilton 14K Metal Halide.....WYSIWYG unless noted.

Nothing exotic but some big frags and they're all pest free and healthy. PM is key althought I may not be able to reply quickly as my schedule is kind of crazy. Most of these are single frags while others have duplicates. Any questions, comments, or concerns please PM me or shoot me an e-mail.

Thanks for the opportunity to free up some space in my tank and help a worthy cause at the same time, I sure do appreciate it!

First off I have what I call "Green Eggs n Ham" although I have seen similarly colored zoos called "Blue Ice" and other names. Basically they have long eyelash like skirts of bright green with darker shadows sporting an eggyolk yellow "eye" in the center of a blueish white splotch. The photo shows about six mini colonies all growing together, I'm wanting 40 dollars 35.00 dollars per with each looking to have approximately 60-80 polyps.....

blueberryfieldsfarm2.jpg

Next up is a nice frag of "Tubs Blues" which I received from a reputable swapper out of central Illinois. I have a couple of these available at 35.00 dollars 30.00 dollars per, all are similar in size with this one having approximately 15 polyps......

tubbsblueRpeg.jpg

Number three is what I like to call a "Green Hornet" although similarly colored examples I've seen called "Jolly Green Giants" - another "Green Lantern" has a green skirt while these obviously have a brown skirt with a brown center. Call 'em watcha will, for 35.00 30.00 dollars you'll get all ~ 15 pretty polyps.....

greenlanternRpeg.jpg

One of my favorites is next, the very pretty "Dragon Eye" SOLD sporting an orange center with some neat streaks of sunshine surrounded by a wavy skirt of bright chartruese yellow. WYSIWYG and what you get looks good enough to eat! For 35.00 30.00 bucks you'll get all 12 polyps......(I have a couple of these)

dragoneyesRpeg.jpg

How 'bout we follow that up with the previous zoanthid's cousin, the "Radioactive Dragon Eye". This oldie but goodie is a bright example sporting approximately 20+ vibrant polyps that as you probably know glows like crazy under actinic lighting....(well heck, even under 14K) Always an eye catcher you can't go wrong for 25.00 dollars...... (I have two of these)

greeneyesRpeg.jpg

Quite often where you see one "eye" you see another, SOLD so with that in mind how 'bout another classic the "Eagle Eye" zoanthid. This is a good sized frag with well over 40 bright polyps, no mistaking the red center surrounded by flourescent green skirts with a dark "pupil" in the middle. If by some chance you don't want it for 35.00 30.00 dollars maybe you know someone who can appreciate the ol' Eagle Eye.....:neutral:

eagleeyesRpeg.jpg

Here's one that's out of this world, SOLD I've always called it the "Galaxy Blues" but maybe you know it as something else. A wavy chocolate skirt surrounds a two tone design sporting a royal blue eye surrounded by a band of brighter teal green. With over 30 pretty polyps I hope the 40.00 35.00 dollars this one will cost ya won't send your budget outta orbit.....

bluegalaxy.jpg

One of my all time favorites are these bright "Nuclear Green" Palys. Nothing more enjoyable than target feeding these classics and watching them grow, grow, and grow.....For 40.00 35.00 dollars you're gonna get a ~15 polyp frag that will grab alot of attention......(2nd pic shows small Colony)

nucleargreensRpeg.jpg

nukecolony.jpg

Last but not least for this thread is one of my all-time favorites.....where there's smoke, there's.... SOLD Fire and Ice! This is a good size frag with a few shy buds amongst the ~ 30 polyps or so. The charcoal gray with darker streaks along with that orange skirt sure makes an outstanding contrast, especially against some other green, red, or blue zoanthids in your garden. At 40.00 35.00 dollars I hope you can find a place for this beauty - if not check out its smaller cousin for 25.00.....

fireniceRpeg.jpg

firenice2Rpeg.jpg

Oooops, I almost forgot one..... SOLD these I have coined as "Orioles" but maybe they are known as something else. They remind of the previous zoas but these have an orange spot in the middle. Its a good sized frag with over 30 polyps and I'm asking 35.00 30.00 dollars for it......

oriolesRpeg.jpg

Don't forget to check out the 2nd For Sale thread I have started here on the forum......

Last edited:

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 4 6.2%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 12 18.5%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 43 66.2%
  • Neither.

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 6.2%
Back