Foraminiferans?

ginarodgers

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 6, 2015
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 75 gallon that has been up and running for about 6 years. The past year or so I've let it go a bit, I'm now trying to get it back in shape and after doing a clean and re-aqua scape of all the live rocks I found these on one of the larger rocks. I did a bit of research and the closest thing they resemble are foraminiferans. Any ideas? Are they good or should I try to get rid of them?

Any help is greatly appreciated!!


ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1428367607.917744.jpg

ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1428367625.498704.jpg
 
nano - thanks for the info! SantaMonica - I only found out about them by doing a little digging on Google. I'm anxious to see if they grow or spread anymore. They are a really nice color, will go well with the coralline algae that is coming back.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 14 42.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 6.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 6.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new