Forcing the issue with coral placement

  • Thread starter Thread starter Science/G
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Science/G

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 26, 2021
Messages
3,868
Reaction score
3,262
Location
Miami
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is understood that placing corals from different sides of the color wheel next to each other will enhance their visual appeal and pop. My question for the community is, How much do you force the issue? When do we give in? is a little bit of contrast more important than getting the best coloration and extension out of our corals? I ask because I have a Rainbow Pectinia frag, and a small beautifully shaped "Lobophyllia that I know would both improve if I swapped them from their present locations, but they would be right next to a coral of very similar color.

My Pectinia faded from this, under my new Meridians at over 200 par
IMG_20250310_165845.jpg

My "LOBO" lost all of its awesome coloration sitting at under 100 par
IMG_20240323_213118.jpg

A swap seems appropriate?!?!!
 
Last edited:
Immediate improvements after swapping the two corals. I am even seeing some flecks of green developing in my "Lobo". Funny thing is, both corals might end up contrasting nicely when they color up to their potential.
IMG_20250525_123110.jpg

IMG_20250525_123038.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 8.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new