Forensic Files and Diatoms

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jamesfl
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Jamesfl

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 15, 2016
Messages
72
Reaction score
40
Location
Brandon, FL
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I was sitting here reading stuff on R2R and the wife was watching Forensic Files. I wasn't really paying attention but heard the word diatoms and it grabbed my attention lol. Apparently they linked a murder from another country based on the diatoms on his boots. So the morale of the story is if you kill someone keep their feet out of your tank lol. But on a serious note, I didn't realize how specific to a region the DNA of diatoms was. It was pretty interesting but just thought I would share since it was kind of different.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 17.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new