Found a bubble coral frag!!!

  • Thread starter Thread starter BriDroid
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

BriDroid

I glue animals to rocks.
View Badges
Joined
Aug 2, 2024
Messages
1,715
Reaction score
2,315
Location
Prosper, TX
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve always loved these guys. I had a softball sized one 30 years ago. I found this 2”x1”ish frag for $20, I couldn’t resist! Just added it last night and it’s fully inflated this morning.
IMG_1956.jpeg

IMG_1958.jpeg
 
Nice find. My branching one (I think its a branching type) is my oldest coral at over 8 years.

Closed up last night
PXL_20250321_025300957.jpg


PXL_20250209_231801376~2.jpg
I think it's a "wall", but it's old enough that it has a few walls that could be fragged out of it. Branches are easier to frag then walls because the tend to separate (frag) the flesh as they grow. The Tangs don't support fragging. :cool:
 
I think it's a "wall", but it's old enough that it has a few walls that could be fragged out of it. Branches are easier to frag then walls because the tend to separate (frag) the flesh as they grow. The Tangs don't support fragging. :cool:
You are correct and I'm confused as usual :face-with-hand-over-mouth: Last night when I took the shot I was thinking the skeleton looked similar to wall hammer so I'm not sure why I said branching.
 
You are correct and I'm confused as usual :face-with-hand-over-mouth: Last night when I took the shot I was thinking the skeleton looked similar to wall hammer so I'm not sure why I said branching.
I told my wife I oved her last night.....
Its Friday GIF
:cool:

I had a branching "pearl" bubble that was very beautiful but it out grew its spot a couple of times so I turned it in. I was wishing I had a picture when I saw your post.

They look more like torches in the skeleton, but I don't have a picture of a torch either. :confused::cool:
 
I’ve always loved these guys. I had a softball sized one 30 years ago. I found this 2”x1”ish frag for $20, I couldn’t resist! Just added it last night and it’s fully inflated this morning.
IMG_1956.jpeg

IMG_1958.jpeg
What a find for only $20!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 4 5.9%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 26.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 27.9%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 9 13.2%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 5.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 5.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new