Found this gem at an LFS for $20!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mike.P
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Mike.P

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 1, 2019
Messages
686
Reaction score
1,834
Location
Centennial, Colorado
What state or country do you live in
Colorado
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had to do a double take, when he told me it's only twenty bucks. lol. Already a nice, big size too. I only like lightning clowns when the pattern is still in their regular bands... This one isn't quite perfect in that regard, but definitely close enough.

20190715_233509.jpg 20190715_233639.jpg 20190715_233547.jpg
 
Wow ..... did they have the Lightning Maroon Clown mismarked ?

Sales clerk mistake?

That's easily a $150 fish

Somebody's gonna get chewed out for letting it walk out the door for $20
 
Pretty fish!! They can be awfully mean though..

I've had pretty good luck with maroons, but I know what you mean... So far it's playing nice with everyone esle in QT, so hopefully that keeps up. The true test will be when I find one to hopefully pair with it.

Wow ..... did they have the Lightning Maroon Clown mismarked ?

Sales clerk mistake?

That's easily a $150 fish

Somebody's gonna get chewed out for letting it walk out the door for $20

That's what I figured too, because on the tank they just wrote "Clown Fish - $20," hence my great surprise. One of the owners was in though, and I asked him to make sure; I wasn't looking to rip anybody off. He said yeah, it's twenty bucks. *shrug* Couldn't say no at that point, thing is gorgeous. I just hope that little divot in its dorsal fin grows back.
 
My LFS sells them for like $35. They get them from a local breeder.
 
I had to do a double take, when he told me it's only twenty bucks. lol. Already a nice, big size too. I only like lightning clowns when the pattern is still in their regular bands... This one isn't quite perfect in that regard, but definitely close enough.

20190715_233509.jpg 20190715_233639.jpg 20190715_233547.jpg
That's a beauty!! And at $20, that's a STEAL!! Heck, if I'd have seen that, I'd have probably set up a new tank just to be able to buy him! Great find!!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 12 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 8 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 12 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 29.2%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new