four.........six..........eight........??

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We all know that a six line Wrasse can be a pita but what about the four and eight lines??

Four
FourlineWrasseWMW_Ap8SW.jpg

Six
th

Eight
Eight-Line%20Wrasse.jpg

Vaughn17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My four-line is named Dennis the Menace. He is a bossy, busy, bully, but not a killer. He won't mess with fish that stand up to him, like my yellow watchman but he (Dennis) kept a royal gramma holed up all the time, until I moved the gramma to another tank. Dennis is very personable and is always trying to con me into feeding him, as in, more. Loves to steal food from corals. Extremely intelligent and beautiful fish. I've had him for 2 years and feel like 40 gallons is too small.

Robink

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I never had a problem with my sixline.... did have a problem with a melanarus though. He killed the sixline. :(

redfishbluefish

Stay Positive, Stay Productive
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I have a multi-lined wrasse....also called a melanurus wrasse...melanurus must mean "many," or "multi," :D because I think the person who names wrasses ran out of fingers. :rolleyes: Here's the pic from liveaquaria....and you can count the "lines."

p-80626-hoevens-wrasse2.jpg

The only thing I can say is that my guy is a pleasure! Although I think he's eaten all my snails.

Robink

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine cleaned up all the vermetid snails and then I think he ate my harlequin shrimp. Didn't see him do it.....:(

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, the attitude goes with the genus, not the species.
I agree with this completely. I have had to remove just about every species in this genus from a tank ar one time or another, the only one I didn't have to remove was evanidus. Every other Pseudocheilinus eventually caused trouble.

Davesgt

Happy Happy Happy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I have a multi-lined wrasse....also called a melanurus wrasse...melanurus must mean "many," or "multi," :D because I think the person who names wrasses ran out of fingers. :rolleyes: Here's the pic from liveaquaria....and you can count the "lines."

p-80626-hoevens-wrasse2.jpg

The only thing I can say is that my guy is a pleasure! Although I think he's eaten all my snails.
My Melanarus has been a pleasure to have, he has the most amazing colors and has no time to be mean cause he searches the tank for pest all day

sawdonkey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After a month of qt, I put my six line in my DT two nights ago at midnight. I saw him out and about last night a little but I wasn't home much. I'm sure my two trigger, two angels and two tangs will keep him in check.

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Had a fourline once years ago, plopped him in, never saw him again. Ever lol:(

Bdog4u2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had 2 six lines first was peaceful 2nd well let's just say I'm about to to get a much bigger melanurus to put him in his place

mort

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My sixline is perfectly behaved. He's does live on his own though;)

MickeyMouse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since my beginnings I had 3 six lines, one was really peaceful, I was happy as this is a superb fish.
I had one that was pretty peaceful, just a bit bully with small anthias, but he was a good fish.
The third one was a real bully, killing 3 other wrasses, harassing many fish, I was happy when he jumped off (thanks I forgot to put the net on the tank).

Now I have a four line, really hard to find where I live, but what a magnificent wrasse! Luckily, he is as besutiful as he is peaceful. Only bad point, he's so hard to photograph :p

SaltyBiker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All my years of reefing I've always had a 6 Line wrasse. I like their small nimble size that can get into the tiniest crevices and they have all the heart of a larger wrasse like a melanurus. As much as I hear about them being terrors, I don't believe it's coincidence, but I must be one lucky guy, because I've never once had a problem with mine.

Gomery12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My six line is currently the second biggest in my tank. My snowflake definitely rules the roost! Other than the six line getting into my overflow and then I have to get him down to my sump to get him out, he's pretty chill. Hasn't bothered the new tanks mates green chromi and blue tang (small 1 inch)

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 149 40.2%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 189 50.9%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 33 8.9%
Back