0   0   0
Fowler tanks pics. Thanks for looking!

IMG_4775.jpeg IMG_4771.jpeg IMG_4774.jpeg

kados

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These fish have mostly all been together going on 4 years. A couple added 2 years ago. Zero aggression issues amongst the puffers or really any of them. The Hippo Tang was the one I had move out as it was the aggressor. The two Burrfish have mated and spawned eggs several times.

Attachments

• 20230313_143332.jpg
    20230313_143332.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 50
  • 20230313_143423.jpg
    20230313_143423.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 35

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These fish have mostly all been together going on 4 years. A couple added 2 years ago. Zero aggression issues amongst the puffers or really any of them. The Hippo Tang was the one I had move out as it was the aggressor. The two Burrfish have mated and spawned eggs several times.
I love the burrfish! So cool.

kados

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you tell which is the male and female?
Yes. The Web Burrfish is the female. Two days before laying eggs, her stomach belly area is round. That's how I noticed. I went to feed and hundreds of eggs released. I didn't even mean to pair them. I went to my LFS and noticed it there but her fins were really beat up from being picked on I assume. I said I'd take it home for another FOWLR tank I had at the time and get her back to good shape. After QT for a month, I put her in a 100 gallon tank. Few months after decided to breakdown the 2nd tank and put her into the bigger tank and see if any issues. There was literally none. That was about 2 years ago.

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish lover!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The infamous Hewbie . I had a Porcupine in there w the Striped Burrfish before "Webster" was added. It bit me lol...
Yup that’s a very pufferfish thing. I know…I wonder if he knows he’s kind of famous lol. I mean what’s not to love about the little buddy? Now I know better when to and when not to put my hands in there/when he’s going to lunge. That being said that doesn’t stop me from petting him especially when I feed him although I can’t say he’s the fondest of it lol! He tolerates it though. :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:

kados

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup that’s a very pufferfish thing. I know…I wonder if he knows he’s kind of famous lol. I mean what’s not to love about the little buddy? Now I know better when to and when not to put my hands in there/when he’s going to lunge. That being said that doesn’t stop me from petting him especially when I feed him although I can’t say he’s the fondest of it lol! He tolerates it though. :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:
Definitely a pufferfish thing to do lol. I agree. The puffers are my favorites but right up the with Harlequin Tusk. Oh, he knows who feeds him lol!

OP
OP
T

Thomashtom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You know that was my second guess lol! It kind of looks like a combination of several fish lol. And it looks huge! Scrawled filefish maybe?
Thanks. Yes that’s a Scrawled filefish about 8-9 inches long . Have him about a month. Trying to fatten him up! Lol

Attachments

• IMG_4601.jpeg
    IMG_4601.jpeg
    85.1 KB · Views: 26

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 19 14.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 21 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 77 56.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.6%
Back