Fox face with ich?

Kfactor

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just noticed today my fox face had white bumps on him just want to make sure what it is befor doing anything about it .

0A888307-B5CE-4137-A1E5-A6D51D796454.jpeg D68A9A72-947E-4E36-A3F1-5D60795B622B.jpeg

OP
OP
Kfactor

Kfactor

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hes still eating good and acting normal

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
How are other fish? Was anything/everything quarantined - with medication? Any new additions? How long have you had the fish? It kind of looks like Ich - but also some of the 'spots' are slightly larger. Are the spots coming and going, i.e.. changing locations every several days?

If it is Ich, the recommendation would be treating with copper for 30 days, and allowing your tank to be fishless for 60-76 days depending on which protocol you are using. All fish would need to be treated. Any chance for a couple more pictures and a video under white light? Thanks - EDIT - Brighter light (the fish is kind of in a shadow) - these could also be mucus plugs.

OP
OP
Kfactor

Kfactor

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How are other fish? Was anything/everything quarantined - with medication? Any new additions? How long have you had the fish? It kind of looks like Ich - but also some of the 'spots' are slightly larger. Are the spots coming and going, i.e.. changing locations every several days?

If it is Ich, the recommendation would be treating with copper for 30 days, and allowing your tank to be fishless for 60-76 days depending on which protocol you are using. All fish would need to be treated. Any chance for a couple more pictures and a video under white light? Thanks - EDIT - Brighter light (the fish is kind of in a shadow) - these could also be mucus plugs.
thank you for the repley my other fish seem good no signs of anything on any other fish . i seen him about a month ago had one or 2 then went away i have had him for around 4 months now and eating like a pig . i will get another pic of him when my halide comes on . the bumps are bigger looking to me and he seems good i havent seen him rubbing or doing anything off

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As @MnFish1 said, some of the bumps are too large to be ich. Some of the others could well be ich though. the larger bumps are called "mucus plugs" and tangs and foxface can develop these when stressed. Trouble is, ich is one of the stresses that cause these!

You need to prepare to treat for ich and then watch the other fish closely for small white spots developing. Then, on the foxface, watch for spots that come and go over a few day's time, those are more likely to be ich,.

Jay

OP
OP
Kfactor

Kfactor

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As @MnFish1 said, some of the bumps are too large to be ich. Some of the others could well be ich though. the larger bumps are called "mucus plugs" and tangs and foxface can develop these when stressed. Trouble is, ich is one of the stresses that cause these!

You need to prepare to treat for ich and then watch the other fish closely for small white spots developing. Then, on the foxface, watch for spots that come and go over a few day's time, those are more likely to be ich,.

Jay
i will keep and eye on them am going to get a tank ready just incase

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 29 15.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 107 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.5%
Back