Foxface "nocturnal", or?

  • Thread starter Thread starter BryanM
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

BryanM

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 27, 2024
Messages
8,929
Reaction score
11,007
Location
Morgan Hill
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
We added a powder blue tang and foxface recently, they were both swimming around together at the LFS.

I'm new to all of this, so I'm worried that the foxface, very shy, also comes out after the lights go off, and swims around. He kinda paces around, and its quite a bit different from what he does during the day.

He swims around with the powder tang, they eat algea, and for all I do not know, they seem normal.

But this late night pacing has me worried.
 
Sounds like it is looking for a place to sleep? They usually get hunkered down after the lights go out, it might not feel safe in any of the possible places. Can you add a rock for cover?
 
We added a powder blue tang and foxface recently, they were both swimming around together at the LFS.

I'm new to all of this, so I'm worried that the foxface, very shy, also comes out after the lights go off, and swims around. He kinda paces around, and its quite a bit different from what he does during the day.

He swims around with the powder tang, they eat algea, and for all I do not know, they seem normal.

But this late night pacing has me worried.
As above, does it have a place to hide? They normally go camo and hide in or around rocks..
 
Learning that the foxface goes camo at night is helpful, he's definitely doing that.

He's got at least 3 places to hide, and routinely uses them during the day, and he finally stopped pacing last night. It's still a new home to him, today will just be the third day, so hopefully he'll settle down more soon.
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 16 48.5%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 15 45.5%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 24.2%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new