Foxface not well at all

mcgallagherc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Novice to all of this and website. Didn't know there was this section for what I was looking for as I post earlier in another area.

Foxface had been doing great(to my knowledge) until this afternoon when wife sent this picture of him. We added a timor wrasse Tuesday and he had been submerged until this afternoon. An hour later my wife sends me pic and status of foxface. Maybe just coincidence but I did a fresh water dip. Don't k ow water params until monday

20220416_153441.jpg 20220416_143622.jpg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Novice to all of this and website. Didn't know there was this section for what I was looking for as I post earlier in another area.

Foxface had been doing great(to my knowledge) until this afternoon when wife sent this picture of him. We added a timor wrasse Tuesday and he had been submerged until this afternoon. An hour later my wife sends me pic and status of foxface. Maybe just coincidence but I did a fresh water dip. Don't k ow water params until monday

20220416_153441.jpg 20220416_143622.jpg
the pectoral fins appear damaged from aggression but my bigger concern is the fish being moribund which id a term for a fish in such distress that it may or may not make it.
What other tankmates in tank and have you noticed any squabbling with the fish?
If you are unable to determine water quality- First recourse is to do a 20-25% water change and then increase oxygen with air stone to give this fish any chance

OP
OP
mcgallagherc

mcgallagherc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the pectoral fins appear damaged from aggression but my bigger concern is the fish being moribund which id a term for a fish in such distress that it may or may not make it.
If you are unable to determine water quality- First recourse is to do a 20-25% water change and then increase oxygen with air stone to give this fish any chance
In order of adding
2 orange storm clowns
Foxface
Midas blenny
Beghai Cardinal
Exquisite firefish
Timor Wrasse

Added the wrasse Tuesday afternoon and he buried himself until this afternoon when my wife sent me a picture saying he finally came out.

Hour later she sends me a picture of the rabbitfish laid on its side. I got home from work and the wrasse was buried once again.

OP
OP
mcgallagherc

mcgallagherc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In order of adding
2 orange storm clowns
Foxface
Midas blenny
Beghai Cardinal
Exquisite firefish
Timor Wrasse

Added the wrasse Tuesday afternoon and he buried himself until this afternoon when my wife sent me a picture saying he finally came out.

Hour later she sends me a picture of the rabbitfish laid on its side. I got home from work and the wrasse was buried once again.
Rabbit fish, blenny and 2 clowns are always hanging out together like best friends.

Cardinal and firefish are like loners and the wrasse I have no idea about bc I still haven't seen him. I've seen no aggression other than a clown attacking my arm one day placing a new coral in.

OP
OP
mcgallagherc

mcgallagherc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20220416_211032.jpg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Rabbit fish, blenny and 2 clowns are always hanging out together like best friends.

Cardinal and firefish are like loners and the wrasse I have no idea about bc I still haven't seen him. I've seen no aggression other than a clown attacking my arm one day placing a new coral in.
Not seeing other occupants as a threat, temor a small maybe.

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 97 41.3%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 116 49.4%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 9 3.8%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 5 2.1%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 8 3.4%
Back