tomtheturkey

tomtheturkey

Reef Wizard
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Jay Hemdal @vetteguy53081

The foxface has a new number of closer to 7-8 spots. Im going to treat this as Ich and run him in copper safe.

Should I go ahead and QT the whole tank and run fallow for 76 days? Or do you think I can only do foxface? I just dont want reinfection.

and Jay- Ph was 7.5 8:30am Ph at 4pm just now it was 7.8. I fill like my gas exchange is ok not ideal but ok. The breathing by both the copperband and foxface has not changed I think the copperband is likely infected I just cant see the dots on him yet.

I really doubt Im inadvertently doing "ich management" but I do run a large UV thats NOT on a manifold its inline with the return pump and its on lower flow and I feed with Selcon and its as varied diet as I can get the fish to fit in their mouths.

This maybe could be reason the spots on the foxface are so low count vs normal anyways Tomorrow will be a week since I first noticed the spots. I think its time to take action.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

The foxface has a new number of closer to 7-8 spots. Im going to treat this as Ich and run him in copper safe.

Should I go ahead and QT the whole tank and run fallow for 76 days? Or do you think I can only do foxface? I just dont want reinfection.

and Jay- Ph was 7.5 8:30am Ph at 4pm just now it was 7.8. I fill like my gas exchange is ok not ideal but ok. The breathing by both the copperband and foxface has not changed I think the copperband is likely infected I just cant see the dots on him yet.

I really doubt Im inadvertently doing "ich management" but I do run a large UV thats NOT on a manifold its inline with the return pump and its on lower flow and I feed with Selcon and its as varied diet as I can get the fish to fit in their mouths.

This maybe could be reason the spots on the foxface are so low count vs normal anyways Tomorrow will be a week since I first noticed the spots. I think its time to take action.
i agree on taking the safe route and do copper. Regarding Ph, the 7.8 would be the lowest. You can safely add baking soda in small amounts to sump BUT, if you do this - keep an eye on PH

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I think you’ll need to run all the fish through coppersafe.

I agree - your carbon dioxide may be a bit high , as evidenced by the slight pH rise, but that shouldn’t harm the fish.

OP
OP
tomtheturkey

tomtheturkey

Reef Wizard
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I agree - your carbon dioxide may be a bit high , as evidenced by the slight pH rise, but that shouldn’t harm the fish.
i agree on taking the safe route and do copper. Regarding Ph, the 7.8 would be the lowest. You can safely add baking soda in small amounts to sump BUT, if you do this - keep an eye on PH
Thank you both Im going to feed and make sure all fish are as full today as they can be and start coppersafe tomorrow in separate tanks.

Hopefully with them still eating it will be an easier transition.

OP
OP
tomtheturkey

tomtheturkey

Reef Wizard
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Is it okay if I move the fish straight into 2.25-2.5ppm coppersafe treated water as long as temp and salinity is matching. Or do I need to gradually bring it up with fish in it already.

I have airstones and seeded biomedia ceramic rings thats only thing I have in tanks apart from PVC hides

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it okay if I move the fish straight into 2.25-2.5ppm coppersafe treated water as long as temp and salinity is matching. Or do I need to gradually bring it up with fish in it already.

I have airstones and seeded biomedia ceramic rings thats only thing I have in tanks apart from PVC hides

You can move the fish right into 2.25 coppersafe water, as long as you are confident that your measurement is accurate.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yeah im considering QT at this point its been consistent for 5 days now he has 2 spots today and they continuously come and go. I have the following Meds Coppersafe Ruby rally pro Prazi and Metroplex.

if it is Ich im absolutely confused where it came from. Copperband and Foxface were from Dr reef I have had them for 3 months now and I have had the pair of clowns from an LFS for almost a year now and no outbreaks.

I added Macro algae like 2 months ago from Algae barn and the EXACT DAY I tried some low end coral frags the spots showed up. The corals were dipped and in another tank for 3 weeks.

I do have hydroids on the glass little tiny ones none that grow out.

Im just stumped on this. I fed at noon today and everyone gobbled food down. Foxface is the fattest fish I own but Breathing is no worse than yesterday. No other spots or weird behavior of other fish

Sorry for all the info just trying to work it all out.
This is what Ich does - especially in partially immune fish....

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 70 76.1%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 12.0%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back