Is this ich?

sgr7781

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got this guy yesterday and these two white spots were not on him. Woke up this morning and noticed these two spots.

IMG_0586.jpeg IMG_0587.jpeg

OP
OP
S

sgr7781

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got this guy yesterday and these two white spots were not on him. Woke up this morning and noticed these two spots.

If this is ich. I only have this one tank no QT. Plan was coral and full little cuc

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Generally they get sand grains stuck to them but these look like secondary bacterial lesions, which can be isolated or associated with Brooklynella disease.
Pics a tad fuzzy but I would keep an eye on it for increased dots or add ruby rally pro to the tank as a safeguard

threebuoys

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a very large spot and could easily be a grain of sand or maybe a mucus plug.

Are these fish in QT? We recommend all new fish be placed in a proactive QT with a 30-day copper treatment followed by a prazi treatment with the goal of avoiding the introduction of any possible parasites into your DT.

Too soon to diagnose ich, however, if you see more spots developing over the next day or two, ich could still be present. QT is still recommended, and if ich does appear you will need to treat any other fish in your DT. You will also need to allow your DT to remain fallow. for 6 to 8 weeks .

OP
OP
S

sgr7781

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a very large spot and could easily be a grain of sand or maybe a mucus plug.

Are these fish in QT? We recommend all new fish be placed in a proactive QT with a 30-day copper treatment followed by a prazi treatment with the goal of avoiding the introduction of any possible parasites into your DT.

Too soon to diagnose ich, however, if you see more spots developing over the next day or two, ich could still be present. QT is still recommended, and if ich does appear you will need to treat any other fish in your DT. You will also need to allow your DT to remain fallow. for 6 to 8 weeks .
I did a FW dip for about 10-15 sec and the spot have shrunk. I can still see them but no we’re near as big. Picked up some garlic gaurd and some garlic flake from my local big box store. Best I could grab.

threebuoys

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Freshwater dips are not really a treatment for ich. What you need to watch for is an increase in the number of spots, and spots disappearing only to be followed in a day or so with more spots in different locations. Should this occur, be sure to post photos and videos if you can. If ich does occur, be prepared to QT and treat as mentioned earlier.

Likewise, the garlic guard and garlic flake do not provide any medical benefit, but perhaps appeal to the appetite of some fish.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 135 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.9%
Back