frag bags?

  • Thread starter Thread starter smcooler
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

smcooler

sps lps farmer
View Badges
Joined
Jan 30, 2008
Messages
100
Reaction score
2
Location
Hillsborough NJ
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
where is a good place to get good bags for shipping frags, and what size do most use, rubber bands or tie the bag? I have bin useing 4mill 3x12 and had a few burst or leak. need a new source.stan
 
I triple bag aswell, rubber band tie the first 2, then use a zip tie on the 3rd bag
 
when bagging I use 18" long and tie them all off, triple bag with a liner in the first one of the corals have sharp edges. Uline 2 mil
 
get a little bit longer of a bag and just tie the bag off with no air in the bag. no bands needed.
 
get a little bit longer of a bag and just tie the bag off with no air in the bag. no bands needed.

You need air in the bag for Co2 exchange IIRC.

I get mine from Ship My aquatics or get a box locally.

Triple bag,and I use 2 rubber bands per bag,and I use the big heavy duty bands,not the cheap little thumb sized bands,I break those way to easy!
 
I never put air in the bags.............all water! and the 2 mil is key, the 4 mil dont seal well cause they are too thivk, it works against you unless maybe you have an expensive banding sealer but even then 4 mil is too thick IME
 
uline.com

4"x18" is good, 3" is pretty small might as well use 4oz. urine specimen cups for the smaller ones, those are cheap and wont leak.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new