Frag/Corals

Dcole12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Everyone,

Just curious.. When you guys buy a new frag. Do you cut the peg off the frag or do you take the orals off the frag and glue them onto your rock? Just don't want to damage my corals, but want to place on my rocks! With the peg on the rocks I don't have good places for it.. Just want to see/hear what you guys want to do.

WIReefer

608 MOD SQUAD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depending on what type of coral it is really, I remove most of mine from the plug.

OP
OP
Dcole12

Dcole12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depending on what type of coral it is really, I remove most of mine from the plug.

Perfect, I have a Duncan coral, that I want to keep on the frag. The Zoa's I definitely want to take off my frags.. My Acan, will definitely keep on frag. What do you use to take Zoa's off the frags or any corals?

WIReefer

608 MOD SQUAD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Perfect, I have a Duncan coral, that I want to keep on the frag. The Zoa's I definitely want to take off my frags.. My Acan, will definitely keep on frag. What do you use to take Zoa's off the frags or any corals?
I use a sharp scalpel from a fragging kit I have but any Sharp object should work! Just try and scrape if off as well as you can! Zoas are hardy so they will grow back!

OP
OP
Dcole12

Dcole12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use a sharp scalpel from a fragging kit I have but any Sharp object should work! Just try and scrape if off as well as you can! Zoas are hardy so they will grow back!
What type of glue do you use?

PicassoClown04

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I usually cut just the stem part off the plug, effectively making frag disks, but I prefer my zoas straight on the bottom. If I want something on the rocks, I cut the plug down to a tiny pebble using bonecutters so I don’t actually separate the coral from the plug and it provides the perfect place for me too glue it to my rocks

Brandon3152134

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Zoe's should probably be left on the plug because they have no skeleton so it makes it hard not to mess them up. Zoe's cover quickly so the plug will be gone In a little while. If you dont like the plug u could cut it down to size with bone cutters and just leave the zoas alone. Duncan on the other hand does not encrust and is usually easy to pop off with a razor blade. If you leave the duncan on the plug it will never cover it and will be visible forever.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 4 5.9%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 7.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 53 77.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 5.9%
Back