Where do I put these mini colonies?

Kactai

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have about 20 mini SPS colonies in my tank that are not glued down or pegged in anywhere. Some are mounted on flat rock some on 3” frag discs and some have no base at all (Fiji mariculture colonies). They’ve all been in the tank for a month or more and seem to be in great health.

My aquascape was not drilled or set up for pegging and I want to place all of these corals into permanent locations on my aquascape.

The scape is four islands with a bridge between the middle two. It’s generally sloped front to back.

I just have no idea how to mount and place these to consider colour balance and growth patterns. To be honest it’s a little overwhelming. Typically I would have an empty spot in a tank and shop to fill that spot but I’m way overthinking this.

Here is a video link to the corals:

And here is are photos of the tank from the front pane and the left side.

IMG_7409.jpeg

IMG_7411.jpeg IMG_7412.jpeg

Any advice, suggestions or help would be appreciated.

Dburr1014

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have about 20 mini SPS colonies in my tank that are not glued down or pegged in anywhere. Some are mounted on flat rock some on 3” frag discs and some have no base at all (Fiji mariculture colonies). They’ve all been in the tank for a month or more and seem to be in great health.

My aquascape was not drilled or set up for pegging and I want to place all of these corals into permanent locations on my aquascape.

The scape is four islands with a bridge between the middle two. It’s generally sloped front to back.

I just have no idea how to mount and place these to consider colour balance and growth patterns. To be honest it’s a little overwhelming. Typically I would have an empty spot in a tank and shop to fill that spot but I’m way overthinking this.

Here is a video link to the corals:

And here is are photos of the tank from the front pane and the left side.

IMG_7409.jpeg

IMG_7411.jpeg IMG_7412.jpeg

Any advice, suggestions or help would be appreciated.

Download a color wheel. Opposite colors on the wheel add to color pop. Put them next to each other, but allow for coral growth.

Screenshot_20240325_074032_Chrome.jpg

OP
OP
Kactai

Kactai

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Download a color wheel. Opposite colors on the wheel add to color pop. Put them next to each other, but allow for coral growth.

Screenshot_20240325_074032_Chrome.jpg
Oh sweet thanks for showing me these! Next step is finding out the actual genus of these to determine growth patterns or types. I don’t know which are branching, tabling or bushy types…..

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 12.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 7.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 89 57.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.1%
Back