Frag disks

  • Thread starter Thread starter jaybk5211
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

jaybk5211

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 24, 2014
Messages
459
Reaction score
11
Location
Mount Juliet TN
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there any downside to buying cheap marble or ceramic tiles at a hardware store and cutting them Into
your own frag disks/tiles? Seems like it's cheap and easy.
 
I have seen people use these to grow chalices on and acrylic also.
 
I do this all the time, IT works great. I cut them in half to make the squares thinner. The zoas grow great on them and are super easy to frag.
 
I have found the smooth ceramics and marbles are great for sps. With zoa/paly they don't seem to work as well as aragocrete. The polyps seem to try and "run" on the smooth surface. Its almost like they spread to the edge of the disk with lots of space between polyps. The rough surface of aragocrete seems to make them grow closer together.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new