Frag Duncan

  • Thread starter Thread starter rhorn67
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

rhorn67

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 14, 2015
Messages
203
Reaction score
42
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone - I have this duncan that I am hoping to frag as it has grown too large. I am hoping for suggestions as to the safest way to do this.

Thank you

IMG_4328.JPG
 
It doesn't look too big to me :p
Why do you think it has gotten too big?
 
It doesn't look too big to me :p
Why do you think it has gotten too big?
Funny but I thought about that after I posted the pic. I posted it prior to it opening so there was a good view minus the heads opened up. One "branch" has 9 heads and the other 8 that open up to be huge. I have a JBJ 40 rimless and real estate is getting to be a premium. Here are a few pics showing it opened up. I just fed so its not up to full size.

IMG_4518.JPG


IMG_4373.JPG
 
That looks a lot bigger in the second pics. I can see why you want to frag it now :D. I could only see a few of the pics in the first picture. My bad.
I may be wrong but I have heard people use bone cutters to frag them. I would wait and see what other people have to say though.
 
That looks a lot bigger in the second pics. I can see why you want to frag it now :D. I could only see a few of the pics in the first picture. My bad.
I may be wrong but I have heard people use bone cutters to frag them. I would wait and see what other people have to say though.
I have seen a few videos where people have used a dremel tool as well. I'm just not sure if its safe to cut in the middle. Thanks
 
Both work fine. I try my best to cut as near a junction as possible and so far that's turned out pretty well
 
Both work fine. I try my best to cut as near a junction as possible and so far that's turned out pretty well
So would you say a cut down the middle to the plug would be safe? Or do you think a cut coming in from the side just under one of the two junctions would be better?

IMG_4519.PNG
 
I use a cheap tile saw to cut them from harbor freight and I like where you have the B line at for the cut just make sure you clean the dust off in a small cup before returning to the tank. And use fresh water to clean the saw there made to run with water so clean good before you put it away or will rust up
 
Going to use a dremel and cut the "B" line. I will post once I've made the cut.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new