Frag or leave be

corey.nolta

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 25, 2015
Messages
312
Reaction score
94
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I got this as a freebie about a month ago as it wasn't in the best health...It's definitely come a long way since I got it. My question is this...would it be better if I fragged it into a few different pieces and glued them down? Would that allow it to encrust easier and start growing better? Thanks!! (sorry for crappy cell pic)
20160124_163523.jpg
 
Not in anyway an expert, but it looks good I'll leave it. Normally what happens is it'll cover its original skeleton first and then start entrusting once it covers that.
 
It looks like it's encrusting back over its dead skeleton. I'd leave it be.
 
Nature freak here. I would want to see what it will do.
Nice rescue btw!
 
I just tweaked my fuge a bit and made it into a "safe haven" for my sps frags. They haven't been happy with the move of tanks. Temp swings, light changes, flow changes...they are all a tad bit ticked! Plus snails and crabs knocking them over. So I moved them all to the fuge! Thoughts? Here's hoping they bounce back quicker/better.
20160124_175854.jpg
 
I would leave it be. Place it where it can get good flow and light and leave it there. As mentioned by @jaguars4263, it looks like it's growing back over the old skeleton. Looks like a good start to recovery.
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new