Frag plug retention

  • Thread starter Thread starter fiji4118
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Free Phyto Promo
Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed
Shop Now Code: FREEPHYTO

fiji4118

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 20, 2011
Messages
216
Reaction score
40
Location
Highlands Ranch, CO
What state or country do you live in
Colorado
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

Wondering if anyone has ideas around keeping frag plugs from falling out of the rack. I use a variety of different sizes and they don't always fit well so snails and crabs knock them out. I have used rubberbands wrapped around the bottom but that can be a pain. Anyone seen a good solution? Saw these but looks like they only have them in the UK at the moment.
1760628123596.png
 
I have one that has a silicone retention sheet. I does a good job. I wouldn't use anything like you posted because it looks like it would require the rack to be removed and flipped over to get the retainer off. Too often i want to remove or add a single frag and don't want that hassle JMO

This is the rack i have but I've seen others.

Reefing art
 
I have one that has a silicone retention sheet. I does a good job. I wouldn't use anything like you posted because it looks like it would require the rack to be removed and flipped over to get the retainer off. Too often i want to remove or add a single frag and don't want that hassle JMO

This is the rack i have but I've seen others.

Reefing art
Thanks! The racks i am dealing with is a single frag holders. The holes are just a little too big I guess.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 18.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 34.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 6.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 21 14.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.8%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new