Frag plug securing

  • Thread starter Thread starter HKfshkpr1
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

HKfshkpr1

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 26, 2018
Messages
184
Reaction score
72
Location
Southern California
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK I got my Dragon Breath and some other frags. They're nicely anchored in plugs about 3/8" dia. at the base.
My plan is to drill 3/8" shallow holes( I'll double check size first) in my base rocks and plug them in.
Are there better ways? Thanks!
 
from what i know, people usually cut off as much of the dealer's plug as possible to avoid pests and what not then just glue them down using gel super glue.
 
from what i know, people usually cut off as much of the dealer's plug as possible to avoid pests and what not then just glue them down using gel super glue.

Thank you everyone!
I plan to "quarantine" my frags first so is it OK to leave the plugs alone? The algae look so secure in them. Are the plugs bad for the long term?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new