Frag rack for 40g breeder

  • Thread starter Thread starter cylon032
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

cylon032

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 28, 2018
Messages
189
Reaction score
112
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I’m making a 40 gallon frag/grow out tank and I was looking for some racks for it. I was gonna do the egg crate but I remembered I had some acrylic from another project that I was gonna attempt but never ended up doing, never really worked with acrylic this is my second time working with it. Don’t have pictures of cutting the pieces but I made some stencils out of cardboard and cut the acrylic to shape then I used a magnetic frag rack to space the holes
2EBE2382-3387-44E1-93B8-79AE3387359A.jpeg

Then used a step drill bit for the holes didn’t make the cleanest holes but didn’t come out to bad. Cut out 1” strips for the legs and used weld on 4 to attach them
C8B09CE8-006C-4A22-9479-A427DF7C7D31.jpeg
8FBE3698-3ED6-4247-97B8-6624B67519A8.jpeg
The three different platforms are 3” 6” and 9” high. Together it’s 30”x15” and holds about 300 frags depending on the frag plug, each rack is 10”x5”
6C312F23-EDB2-4457-A117-B615146F9061.jpeg
 
So I’m making a 40 gallon frag/grow out tank and I was looking for some racks for it. I was gonna do the egg crate but I remembered I had some acrylic from another project that I was gonna attempt but never ended up doing, never really worked with acrylic this is my second time working with it. Don’t have pictures of cutting the pieces but I made some stencils out of cardboard and cut the acrylic to shape then I used a magnetic frag rack to space the holes
2EBE2382-3387-44E1-93B8-79AE3387359A.jpeg

Then used a step drill bit for the holes didn’t make the cleanest holes but didn’t come out to bad. Cut out 1” strips for the legs and used weld on 4 to attach them
C8B09CE8-006C-4A22-9479-A427DF7C7D31.jpeg
8FBE3698-3ED6-4247-97B8-6624B67519A8.jpeg
The three different platforms are 3” 6” and 9” high. Together it’s 30”x15” and holds about 300 frags depending on the frag plug, each rack is 10”x5”
6C312F23-EDB2-4457-A117-B615146F9061.jpeg
Looks really good!
 
Nice rack you've got there!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 12 44.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 7.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new