Frag Swap Finds Need ID Help Plz

SliceGolfer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 8, 2009
Messages
1,476
Reaction score
2,280
Location
Washington
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Our local club held the fall swap this weekend. I picked up a couple pieces that the sellers couldn’t remember the name, was a grab bag, or maybe mis-identified. Can you help with ID?

$10 Grab Bag Acro
64AA9A8C-6E6B-4A78-9305-51E867D24A0D.jpeg

3756A0A4-4AC0-4F71-A787-8B413C8C41A7.jpeg


Palmer’s Blue Millepora
86208927-34D4-4FFB-B270-024F85570D7D.jpeg


5DDD12E6-61BA-4E62-A859-6C181549CCD4.jpeg


$10 Pink Millepora
3FC862BE-72A0-4797-B680-C3C48A678E02.jpeg


E846E8BF-2AC1-4FD2-B87A-03FA8192359A.jpeg


Unknown Acro
09B9BBC1-F487-4CB6-A49A-3CBE34CB78C8.jpeg


BE7C9F57-3279-4A48-BD47-AA757249377D.jpeg
 
$10. Grab bag might be a A. cerealis?

Unknown might be A. subulata ?
 
What about the Palmers Blue Mille? It looks different from other Milles I have seen.The polyps don’t look the same.
 
I think you are spot on with both of these IDs. The unknown Subulata looks a lot like @metrokat dubbed ”Katropora”
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/metrokats-reefer-need-about-tree-fiddy.400278/post-5041154

Looks pretty close, Katropora is a subulata too I believe.



I have always though palmers millie was actually Acropora prostrata,but I believe A. prostrata and A. milliepora are now synonymous as far a taxonomy is concerned.
Another one it's close to is A. pulchra.
I cant say definitively what it is with confidence though.
 
Thought I would bump this one and see if a more definitive ID can be made.

October, 2019
71488003-4C0F-4F7E-A0AC-5159619F74FF.jpeg


March, 2020
C68476E0-16C4-440D-885A-23D766D63C67.jpeg
 
Nice pickups. Appears you found the fairway on those
 
I believe my original ID of this being subulata might have been incorrect, now that its grown out a bit, you can see radial corallites forming right on the lip/ top side of the axial corallites which is a signature trait of sarmentosa, same with the axial structure becoming more rounded and slightly bulged, another sarmentosa trait.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 25.9%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 7.4%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new