Frag swap score - rhodactis?

caudill187

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 20, 2009
Messages
1,904
Reaction score
21
Location
New Orleans
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked this up at our state frag swap on Sunday and wanted to share it. I am relatively inexperienced in keeping mushrooms but was told it is a rhodactis? I am excited about this one and can't seem to take my eyes off of it for too long. Do you experienced mushroom keepers think it will eat mysis shrimp when it gets settled it? Thanks.

IMGP1593.JPG
 
I am pretty sure it is a rhodactis.

In my experience they will feed, if no fish or anything interfere with them. But also in my experience they multiply slow..

Very nice looking rhodactis! Looks like this is a another reason why I should have went.
 
Thanks Kelby. Yeah there were a couple of new faces and a few nice pieces. We were hoping to see you but I'm sure you were busy with some important things. The good news is there will be another one soon.
 
That is what I have heard. I would have been there if I did not have final exams this week...

I am going to try to make it to the next one though.
 
They are very nice. I have about 6 or 7 of them. They are a little slow at growing which can be a good thing with mushrooms. I don't directly feed mine so not really sure what they eat.
 
They are very nice. I have about 6 or 7 of them. They are a little slow at growing which can be a good thing with mushrooms. I don't directly feed mine so not really sure what they eat.
.

Cool. Nothing more helpful than direct experience :) Point well taken about growth and mushrooms.
 
i got that same style (orange and teal) - bought it brown and put it mid-level of tank and morphed to orange/teal...it grew off the plug onto the rock and the plug fell away which caused it to stretch and i wound up with two rhodactis :D mine loves it at mid level, grows pretty big. and keeps that orange/teal color. one of my fav corals now!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 8 22.9%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 14.3%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 9 25.7%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.7%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 17.1%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new