Frag tank fish list

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mschmidt
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Joined
Feb 9, 2022
Messages
18,614
Reaction score
39,734
Location
Bellingham
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just salted ten water ina 40b that will become a frag grow out tank in my office. I'm looking for advice on budget friendly utility fish.

Right now no got in my head a clown and springer damsel for pest control. Maybe an algae blenny of the need arises. Otherwise what's the suggestions?

I'd prefer less likely to jump over more likely and less aggressive to other fish (so likely no 6 line wrasse).

The invert plan is bumblebee, astrea, and maybe nerite snails.
 
I always save room for those fishes that don't play well in the DT, and sometimes they jump and it saves me a trip to the LFS. I like the Springeri damsel idea.
 
I always save room for those fishes that don't play well in the DT, and sometimes they jump and it saves me a trip to the LFS. I like the Springeri damsel idea.
Thanks. That could work for the hawkfish. But the biggest danger in the display is the powder brown tang. He's 5ish inches so gonna be a nightmare in a 40. Also if there's one fish I want in the display it's him. the joke and foxface are probably too big too.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 28.1%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 21.9%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 28.1%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new