Frag tank help

Jaybeastin

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 10, 2021
Messages
649
Reaction score
299
Location
94203
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello!

I need help setting up a small 15g frag tank.

Do I need live rock and sand ? Or can I just use the bio max for media?

Any input will help!

IMG_2482.png
 
I've never seen sand ina frag tank, but I've seen live rock in the sumps of frag tanks. Im sure you can add rock rubble if you want. But you definitely don't have to by any means.
 
I've never seen sand ina frag tank, but I've seen live rock in the sumps of frag tanks. Im sure you can add rock rubble if you want. But you definitely don't have to by any means.
Okay I do have some live rock I can smash for an instant cycle . Might be the best solution
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 49 34.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new