Frag tank help!!

  • Thread starter Thread starter RaeRae
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

RaeRae

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 12, 2011
Messages
546
Reaction score
46
Location
Mt Airy,nc
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm thinking of buying a acrylic frag tank. It's 48" long 12" deep, 18" wide. It has a 4 inch lip all the way around the tank. Does this lip subtract the amount of growing space I have in the actual tank? As far as light penetrating threw to get to the coral
 
I understand the support issue. But its got to restrict light, right? Or is it minimal that it doesn't even matter?
 
Minimal. Also what type of light? Say like led and are going to be cone shaped from the source down. Plus on the edges your going to want to put less light demanding corals. More so in frag tanks there is more moving of frags to get the right light. The lip is nothing to worry about.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new