Frag tank in sump ?'s

NanoDrummer09

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 28, 2015
Messages
58
Reaction score
22
Location
Portland Oregon
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I'm thinking about replacing my refugium section of my sump with a frag tank. In my first chamber is the skimmer/filter sock, middle would be the frag tank and third is the GFO&Carbon reactors with return pump. I feel like i can afford to take out my refugium but am open to suggestions. Im currently running a 40gal breeder just set up 6 months ago. Im thinking the fuge would be between 5-10 gal with the sump being a 20gal tank. So I'm thinking i would need to get a circulation pump 240gph but what kind of lighting would be good for mostly zoas and possibly some SPS? Maybe a par30? looking for growth rather than color as ill transfer them to my DT to color up. Anyone have any experience in this?

Thanks for any help!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new