Frag tank questions

SeeingGreen

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 26, 2011
Messages
485
Reaction score
4
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 36x24x6 tank for frags, and currently have 3 inch tall shelves. Curious if I am running 4bulb t5 over it, how high should I put it? Inhabitants are mostly lps or zoa's.


Currently running 4xactinic on it, but curious if there is a different recommended bulb setup for this type of tank? Is there a difference for coloring up vs growth?
 
Like this!
 

Attachments

  • uploadfromtaptalk1422489761022.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1422489761022.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 173
I have a 36x24x6 tank for frags, and currently have 3 inch tall shelves. Curious if I am running 4bulb t5 over it, how high should I put it? Inhabitants are mostly lps or zoa's.


Currently running 4xactinic on it, but curious if there is a different recommended bulb setup for this type of tank? Is there a difference for coloring up vs growth?
I would hang the lights about 8-10inches from the top water line.I would add the corals towards the rim of the tank first and them more them more towards the middle as needed.Save the area in the middle for your corals with the highest light requirements.Also I would replace two of the bulbs with a white light.I can't give you any specifics,but It will provide a fuller spectrum.
 
Seeing double post.
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new