Frag Tanks?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Tihsho
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I've been meaning to post this up, but I got carried away over the weekend. I was able to pickup the tank on Friday! On Saturday, the misses and I picked up an iron stand for it as I couldn't beat the price. Initially was looking at building a 80/20 stand for it, but for $150 for a welded stand, I just couldn't beat it. I'm going to be placing a layer of some board on top of the stand to sit the tank on to assist with leveling and I'll probably be running a layer of Seapora foam below the tank to help equally spread the weight of the tank across the stand surface. I'll also be placing a board of some sort on the bottom shelf of the stand to aid in supporting the sump. I just need to figure out what material I'm going to go with first before jumping into this. I'd like to go with Marine Plywood, but I'm not sure I'm going to be able to find it easily. Last time I purchased a 8'x5' sheet it was years ago from Home Depot, but even then I had to drive around to find it.
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 8 26.7%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 15 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 10 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 14 46.7%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 26.7%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new