Fraggaholics Association?

flricordia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know where one could get some help? It seems to be getting out of control.

IMG_5983.jpg

IMG_5984.jpg

IMG_3725.jpg

IMG_3718.jpg

IMG_3700.jpg

IMG_3686.jpg

IMG_9247.jpg

note: this thread is not to elicit sales. Just for having fun. Thanks for understanding. Mike

jasert39

tang wrangler
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wow...the palys that dominate that last picture are awesome!

OP
OP
flricordia

flricordia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the palytoxins have entered your brain! Good God Man!!!
I do believe you may be right.
But on a more serious side
Several times I have made deep cuts in my fingers while fragging protopalys and gotten the juices in. Finger pain for days. I am always cutting myself when doing DIY, roofing, carpentry, printing, my dogs teeth, unrulely birds, etc and usually just wrap it in a paper towel or whatever else I have and move on, but the toxins from protopalys in a cut will defenately make you realize you have a cut. Fortunatly I am not allergic to it, but it is something I do not mess around with anymore without wearing my gloves and glasses.
Can be quite painful and I can just imagine the reaction I would have if I were allergic.
Something to keep in mind when fragging zoanthids of any type. Take precautions against their defensive toxins. They can be quite potent.

Frankie

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Over time you can become hyper sensitive to chemicals and become more then just allergic to them. They can kill you. I highly recommend protecting yourself against any caustic chemical. I found this out the hard way. I own a hard wood flooring company and used polyurethane for most of my life. 5 years ago while applying it, (with a respirator on) I pasted out and woke in the hospital. It turned out that my skin was absorbing it and over time it built up in my system and made me hyper sensitive. I had nervous system damage and it took over 6 months for my hands to stop shaking. Needless to say I am a sub contractor now ;)

Burks

Toledo Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great job! I wish I could grow zoanthids and palys like you. Mine always "survive" rather than thrive...so sad. And I love fragging too.

returnofsid

Moderator Extrodinaire
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Amazing garden!!! Love the rics above all the Zoanthids too!! Beautiful!!

ecotoxlady

Perpetual student
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is truly amazing! I'd be happy to lighten your load :D No seriously....

I really would love to know more about how you get these zoas and palys to look and grow so wonderfully. Do you have a tank thread?

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 29.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 36.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 22 26.8%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back