Fragged my first corals over the weekend

  • Thread starter Thread starter miran2782
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

miran2782

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 15, 2015
Messages
1,490
Reaction score
915
What state or country do you live in
Massachusetts
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After about 6 years in the hobby I fragged my first corals this weekend. Had too much crowding in my euphyllia side of my tank so decided to cut back my frogspawn and hammer. Cut about a dozen heads each using a generic dremel and harbor freight diamond cutting disc. Easily cut like butter but think I need a plastic shield to work under to keep the splatter down.
 
20210321_092407.jpg

Here is a photo of one of the hammer frags. Do you think it is better to frag as a single head or multiple heads?
 
I guess I could always go back and make more single heads. I ran out of the sample plugs that I had on hand and had to order some.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 15.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 58 33.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 27 15.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new