Fragged some acans

  • Thread starter Thread starter aerius007
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

aerius007

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 25, 2009
Messages
808
Reaction score
14
Location
ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was bored at 2:00am the other night and decided to frag some acans. Here are some pics, let me know what you think. For some I used a dremel to cut the back of the acan, then a flathead screwdriver to split the rock, followed by a razor to slice the tissue. When I got lazy I just used bone cutters. Some look deflated because I moved them to get pics but they all seem healthy and so far I didnt lose one piece. Feel free to ID them, I dont have any names.


fraggedacans001.jpg


fraggedacans002.jpg


fraggedacans006.jpg


fraggedacans013.jpg


fraggedacans019.jpg


fraggedacans029.jpg


fraggedacans017.jpg


fraggedacans023.jpg
 
Looks like you have some nice acans and did a good job on the fragging. It's kinda hard to ID them from your pics. You need to send me one of each so I can look at them in my tanks. PM me for the shipping address. :haha:
 
People always think I am nuts when I frag acans. All I use is a bolt cutters and pick a spot and snap. Within 15 minutes all heads are all puffed back up again. Even the half heads puff right back up. Never lost a head either by fragging this way.

Eric
 
Sweet!

I know I'm late, but I'm just now starting to get on the Acan Bandwagon... I suppose better late then never!!

So many colors to choose from!! :still_dreaming:
 
Its amazing how much abuse these can take and not even skip a beat.

fraggedacans004.jpg


aaaacans013.jpg


rainbowacan006.jpg
 
All I use is a bolt cutters and pick a spot and snap. Eric

Eric, I tried that yesterday but my bolt cutters won't open wide enough to get a good bite. I snipped off three "corners" and glued them up to plugs. They look kinda tiny though.

That was my first time trying to frag acans. I think I'll try the dremel next time.
 
My wife is mad because I was at it again in the middle of the night, with a dremel, in what used to be our laundry room. hehe
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 55 34.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new