Fragging 101 I Mushroom Coral

  • Thread starter Thread starter mikejrice
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

mikejrice

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 15, 2011
Messages
511
Reaction score
746
Location
Denver, Colorado
Rating - 0%
0   0   0


Methodology:

For propagating mushrooms I use two different primary techniques one in the water and one out.

In order to get them to split more rapidly, I use a clean razor blade to cut them, while in the home system, starting at the center of the mouth and working out towards the edge. This will generally cause them to either split or shoot out a baby mushroom at the cut spot.

Dividing colonies is done with a hammer a chisel used to break small pieces of the colony rock off under the mushroom. This eliminates the need for low flow settlement areas or labor intensive attaching procedures.

After mushrooms are separated from the mother colony, I use a small dab of reef blue to attach their base rocks onto small rubble rock for resale.

If there’s a specific species you would like to see fragged, leave a comment below.

https://fragging101.wordpress.com/192-2/

https://captivecoral.net/portfolio/mushrooms/
141be3cacf14b217384fba0333f5e4a3.jpg
1665bfb8489760204885aa90fa0b4472.jpg
62b6f97bc51a15c0bd59c93580c2204d.jpg
9defb8b0b36d3dcce274d34775a9cb99.jpg
 
How do you frag a bounce mushroom ?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 28.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 12.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new