Fragging 101 I Star Polyps

  • Thread starter Thread starter mikejrice
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

mikejrice

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 15, 2011
Messages
511
Reaction score
746
Location
Denver, Colorado
Rating - 0%
0   0   0


For more info check out my soft coral fragging guide at:
https://issuu.com/reefhobbyistmagazine/docs/rhm_q2_2018/36

Or pick up the latest issue at your LFS!

There's no better way to frag green star polyps than by force!

For this I simply knock small sections off of the rock holding the GSP using a hammer and chisel.

This technique may also be used with other soft, matting corals such as zoanthids, palythoas, xenia, anthelia and more.

Subscribe:
http://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=mikejrice1

http://www.fragging101.wordpress.com
dcea12da85d4733a1ad8f9a58af99888.jpg
e3ff98389ad76cb484ae22ae9c4423ff.jpg
9e600d0d06964a0492817202cca93e68.jpg
961144e75a9bdcac337e0d1fafad3767.jpg
 
I love the method, I hate frag plugs. Most definitely going this route when I frag out my gsp. Thank you for sharing.

I also think this adds value to the frag. Being covered in beneficial corraline algae as well. In a healthy tank both the corraline and the gsp would spread like wildfire.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 28.1%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 21.9%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 28.1%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new