Fragging a huge Kenya Tree.

Casket_Case

Frags in the Frathouse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright, so I have a Kenya Tree colony that’s kinda fricken huge. The mother-coral has a trunk with the widest diameter of 2” I’m wondering if it’s possible to cut the trunk off closest to the rock, and superglue it to a beer growler. Will this kill the coral? Will it have problems sticking?

Vinman

Brewing is worth it
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright, so I have a Kenya Tree colony that’s kinda fricken huge. The mother-coral has a trunk with the widest diameter of 2” I’m wondering if it’s possible to cut the trunk off closest to the rock, and superglue it to a beer growler. Will this kill the coral? Will it have problems sticking?
although I love beer Growlers I don't suggest gluing it I've had great success taking a rubber band to the base and attachment around a rock usually within two weeks you could take the rubber band off and Wallah it's attached if it grows around the rubber band just cut the rubber band

OP
OP
Casket_Case

Casket_Case

Frags in the Frathouse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s at the back but I can try. Also I just said Huge XD it’s got a thick trunk and I wasn’t sure if it’d hurt it.
1FFA1BF4-1EFA-403D-8984-07181CC45177.jpeg

uhgster1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it’s that happy it’s going to start self-fragging. Can you move the whole rock? Be careful because they can go xenia on you and spread everywhere. IME they’re pretty much nuke proof.

OP
OP
Casket_Case

Casket_Case

Frags in the Frathouse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it’s that happy it’s going to start self-fragging. Can you move the whole rock? Be careful because they can go xenia on you and spread everywhere. IME they’re pretty much nuke proof.
Yeah... they’ve already been doing that. It’s got no more room on the rock so it’s going into Xenia mode so I’ve got babies everywhere I gotta worry about. I really wanted to move it to the growler to let the coralline grow all over that rock, and to get the growler covered in something.

Vinman

Brewing is worth it
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah... they’ve already been doing that. It’s got no more room on the rock so it’s going into Xenia mode so I’ve got babies everywhere I gotta worry about. I really wanted to move it to the growler to let the coralline grow all over that rock, and to get the growler covered in something.
Fill the growler a 10% stout

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 24.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 53 33.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 29.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.5%
Back