Fragging a Rhyzo?

akabryanhall

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 17, 2009
Messages
2,925
Reaction score
179
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone tried this and succeeded? I am interested especially since are they not found in a protected area?
 
+1 to juniors comment. I've seen a couple fragged and they heal their tissue pretty quick.

The skeleton will regrow, but it will take a long, long, long time, and as junior mentioned will likely never have a rounded oval shape as we commonly see them. With that said when the tentacles are out fully extended it's very hard to tell that the piece has been fragged.
 
Last edited:
I think I would be willing to deal with a fragged rhyzo, especially if the prices were much less than they are now.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 12 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 25 15.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new