Fragging acans and farvia ?'s

snwmnky007

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 30, 2011
Messages
171
Reaction score
58
Location
Gardnerville NV
What state or country do you live in
Nevada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I watched the vid about fragging LPS' in "Sticky", but still have ?'sKraylen's Lab - How To Frag LPS With a Wet Tile Saw. - YouTube

Acan developed orange on a corner. How do I frag this out? How?
image.jpg


Farvia how many eyes minimum and how?
image.jpg


Wet saw both?

Thanks and sorry if I missed these on other threads.
 
To frag those guys the acanthastrea echinata and the Favites sp your best bet is to use a wet diamond band saw or a dremel with a diamond wheel bit.
 
To frag those guys the acanthastrea echinata and the Favites sp your best bet is to use a wet diamond band saw or a dremel with a diamond wheel bit.

Do this and I like to do about 1" cubes when fragging. Never really keep track of eyes just make sure I get at least one in there. Also the orange on that guy is normal when it starts to grow out.
 
Thanks guys I'm gonna let them grow out a little more and try. I'll post pics or vid once done.
 
E-bay normally have those saws for allot less than what you would pay in a store. I got mine for 250 for the griffon new. I agree it is best to use a band saw with diamond blade. I tried cutting the rock with a diamond disc and then cutting the tissue with sharp blade but I ended up cutting my own flesh. Use eye protection when using both the dremel and saw. Trust me, you don't want that stuff in you eye.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 9 52.9%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 9 52.9%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new