Fragging Acans

  • Thread starter Thread starter Tom Lohr
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Tom Lohr

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 12, 2015
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been fragging Acans for a while now and have noticed some varieties prefer to be cut through the mouths while others prefer to be cut between the polyps. Can anyone tell me why this is and identify the varieties of each.
 
I think it is really just personal preference, as far as I know there is no real difference. I think cutting around the heads makes a more attractive frag and for feeding purposes might make it easier for the coral to feed.
 
I prefer cutting around the heads on the lords but I believe it's the bower bikis that leave a pointy skeletal edge if not cut through the mouth.
 
Probably just the way the skeleton is. Lords are by far the easiest of the group to frag. They like it anyway you cut them
 
I try cutting around the heads because it makes the frags look "healthy" even if you've just fragged it. It sells faster and easier that way for me.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 8 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 8 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new